VEHICLES FOR VETS AND FIRST RESPONDERS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Basil Fredonia; Joe Basil Chevrolet; Robert Basil Buick, GMC, Cadillac; Basil Toyota; C. Basil Ford; Basil Ford of Niagara Falls; Basil Volkswagen; Basil Mitsubishi; and the Basil Resale Centers will be abbreviated as the Basil Automotive Group from here on.
1. HOW TO ENTER
- The Vehicles for Vets and First Responders contest will commence at 12am EST, Saturday, May 27th, 2023 and end at 8pm EST Saturday, September 16th
- To participate in the contest, Western New Yorkers (defined as those living in Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Chemung, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates counties) may enter via the following method: participants will be directed to basilcars.com/vehiclesforvets where they may complete and submit an on-line nomination form for the veteran, active military personnel, or first responder who they feel deserves a new vehicle from the Basil Automotive Group. Ten Veterans and/or active service members, as well as, ten first responder nominations within the promotional period will be chosen at random to advance to the final contesting. These finalists will be pre-approved for military validation and accreditation via the Veterans One Stop Center. First responders will be vetted through the Basil Marketing Group. The final twenty participants will be invited to Riverworks on Saturday, September 16th, where the final contest will be held. Two of the twenty participants will be selected at random and win $25,000 each toward the purchase of any vehicle from the Basil Automotive Group. The participants or their pre-appointed proxy must be present to win.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information. The Basil Automotive Group reserve the right to reject or delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Basil Automotive Group will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet eligibility requirements. The Basil Automotive Group will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all viewers, 18 years of age or older, who have served in any branch of the United States Military, or who are a registered first responder, and who legally reside in the Western New York broadcast area. Veteran persons must provide a DD2-14 as well as a military ID to be considered a finalist. First responders must provide state, or facility-issued ID. If a potential finalist is still an active military member, only a military ID is requested to be considered a finalist. Employees of The Basil Family Dealerships, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, and members of their immediate families and or households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Contest is open to any and all honorably discharged United States Military Veteran, and those still active members of the military. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
- Winner must have served in any branch of the United States Military with proof that he/she is a veteran or active military with a valid United States driver’s license.
- For purposes of Vehicles For Vets and First Responders, first responders are identified as: Police Officers (Federal, State, and Local)—Active & Retired, Sheriff / Sheriff’s Deputy, Correctional Officer, State Trooper, Federal Law Enforcement Officer (for example, Customs & Border Protection Officer, Air Marshal, etc.), Park Police & Park Rangers, Probation & Parole Officers, Bridge and Tunnel Officers, Detention Officers, Railroad Police Officers, School Resource Officers, Auxiliary & Reserve Sheriff Deputy or Police Officers, Animal Control Officers who are credentialed as a Law Enforcement Officer, Fire Marshals who are certified Law Enforcement Officers, Court Bailiffs/Court Officers (must have law enforcement credentials), Career Firefighter (Federal, State, and Local), Wild-land Firefighter/Prescribed fire burn manager, Volunteer Firefighter, Fire Marshal, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic, Medical Helicopter Pilot, Flight Nurse, Police, Sheriff, Fire or EMS Dispatcher, Fire Communications Officer, and Public Safety Telecommunicator.
- Previous winners and finalists in the Vehicles For Vets promotion are not eligible to win.
- Grand Prize: One veteran and one first responder ultimately selected will win $25,000 towards the purchase of any new or used vehicle from the Basil Automotive Group. Each independently owned and operated Basil dealership will contribute a total of $25,000.00 toward that There is no cash alternative. If a winner is disqualified, the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to determine an alternate winner. No purchase necessary.
- Secondary Prize: The two people who nominate the winning veteran and the winning first responder will also receive $1,000 each.
- The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. WGRZ-TV and the Basil Automotive Group are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- The prizes are expressly limited to the listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Basil Automotive Group with respect to the contest are final. Nomination entries will be selected at random through the Basil Automotive Group. Military service will be verified and accredited by the Veteran’s One Stop Center of WNY. First responder status will be verified by the Basil Marketing Group. All nominees will be subject to a background check to verify the authenticity of the claims being made of veteran, active military status, or first responder status. Ten military veterans and/or active service member nominations, and ten first responder nominations within the promotional period will be chosen at random to advance to the final contest and must be present to win at the Final Giveaway.
- May 27th – August 30th: viewers nominate veterans, active military, or first responderJune 7rd – August 30th: two winners per week will be selected at random and highlighted on the Basil Automotive Group’s social media pages. August 30th – September 13th: twenty finalists will be re-notified and promos for final vehicle giveaway will run, inviting all other veteran and first responder families. September 16th, 2022: Prizes awarded at Buffalo Riverworks, Buffalo, NY.
- ODDS OF BEING SELECTED AND WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED
- Finalists (or proxy) need to be present to win on September 16th at Buffalo Riverworks. The Basil Automotive Group will not provide a proxy under any circumstances, with one exception: If a travel ban due to an act of God is initiated by any government agency which impairs travel to Riverworks in Buffalo, NY on Saturday, September 16th the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to provide a proxy for any finalist.
- Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by random selection.
- Winner must select and take delivery of the vehicle by December 31, 2023. Vehicle must be in stock.
- If more than one person nominates the same veteran, active military member, or first responder, that military member or first responder will be counted in the random selection pool once. All nominators will be placed into their own pool should this nominee win – from which the nominee will be randomly chosen to win the $1,000 nomination prize.
- Publicity: By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Basil Automotive Group, its employees and agents, the contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive the prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Basil Automotive Group.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Basil Automotive Group, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and registration fees related to the prize and paying expenses associated with any prize, which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. The winner must provide the Basil Automotive Group with valid identification and valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Basil Family Dealerships in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Basil Family Dealerships, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Basil Family Dealerships, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Basil Family Dealership’s Web Site or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Basil Automotive Group personnel. The Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Basil Automotive Group believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Basil Automotive Group will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Basil Automotive Group’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Basil Automotive Group, the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Basil Automotive Group deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Basil Automotive Group are final. The Basil Automotive Group may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- The Basil Family Dealerships reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. “If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or canceled, the Basil Family Dealerships reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.”
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Basil Family Dealerships.
- The Basil Family Dealerships is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the BMG offices at 3475 Southwestern Blvd, Orchard Park, NY, or by contacting Raymond Stoklosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Basil Automotive Group personnel. The Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Basil Automotive Group believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Basil Automotive Group will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Basil Automotive Group’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Basil Automotive Group, the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Basil Automotive Group deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Basil Automotive Group are final. The Basil Automotive Group may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- The winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the companies release form to claim the prize. No purchase is necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on the number of participants. The Basil Automotive Group may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Basil Automotive Group disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
- Compliance with law. The applicable laws of the United States of America govern the conduct of the Contest, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Basil Automotive Group will follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the State Attorney General or consumer affairs office, posting a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local or state law.